official Website of the Brighton Sub Branch of the RSL

Site menu:

Latest News

Links:

Joint Tenancy

The Brighton Sub-Branch was formed on the 1st of January 1935 and was located at 388 Brighton Rd Hove in Adelaide. However early this century the Sub-Branch was facing a bleak future primarily due to an ageing membership, and the closure of the RSL Bowling teams.

In 2007 discussions began with the Brighton Bowling Club Inc and after prolonged negotiations it was decided that the two Clubs would become Joint tenants at the premises of the Bowling Club in Keelara St Brighton. The Clubs joined together to extend and refurbish the Clubroom there.

The brand new building at 11-13 Keelara St Brighton was officially opened by His Worship, Dr Ken Rollond, Mayor of the City of Holdfast Bay  in September 2008 with the Brighton RSL Sub-Branch and the Brighton Bowling Club as joint partners. It has truly been a marriage made in heaven and both Clubs are now facing the future with a positive outlook.